Christmas Message Center
- Reclaimed cabinet door
- Wooden trim, 1/2”-wide
- Clear crystal cabinet knobs, five
- Gold cup hooks, two
- Cardstock: white; Canvas Corp. Chalkstock, two packages
- Large metal filigree earring
- Drill with small bit
- Heat tool
- Water brush
- Stampendous! Cling Stamps: Scrolled Medallion, Jumbo Magnolia
- Ink Pads: Tsukineko VersaMark, Ranger Archival Jet Black
- Stampendous! Fran-táge Finishes Aged Gold Embossing Enamel
- Tattered Angels Glimmer Mist: Bubblegum Pink, Olive Vine
- White acrylic paint
- Signo Uni-Ball White Gel Pen
- Watercolor pencils
- Adhesives: liquid paper glue, hot glue gun, wood glue
paper trimmer, detail scissors, ruler, pencil, paintbrush, sponge, sponge dauber, sandpaper, paper towels
- Remove hinges from cabinet door. Sand door to remove old finish; wipe dust with damp paper towel.
- Measure and cut two lengths of wooden trim to fit across cabinet panel. If cabinet already has divided door, skip this step.
- Sponge door front and trim pieces with white acrylic paint; let dry.
- Remove hook from earring. Bend sides to create chalk holder. Use dauber to sponge edges of chalk holder and crystal knobs with watermark ink; heat emboss with gold enamel. Sponge and emboss one end of chalk. Set aside embossed items.
- Stamp one flourish at edge of cabinet with watermark ink; heat emboss with gold enamel. Repeat around entire door. Sponge and emboss door edges.
- Stamp black flowers onto white cardstock.
- Place desired shade of Glimmer Mist into water brush; color images. Shade images with watercolor pencils; add highlights with white gel pen. See Photo 1.
- Cut chalkboard cardstock to fit center door panel. Detail cut flowers; adhere to cardstock. Adhere completed panel to door.
- Sponge hinge edges with watermark ink; heat emboss with gold enamel. Attach hinges to door. Drill holes and attach cabinet knobs along bottom edge.
- Use glue gun to adhere trim strips to door as shown. Screw hooks into right trim strip. Use glue gun to adhere chalk holder to left trim strip. Place chalk in holder; adjust fit as needed.