- Wooden dowel, 1/4”, 36” length
- Blue jar filled with assorted white/cream buttons
- Cardstock: cream, red, orange, black
- Papers: BasicGrey Figgy Pudding Collection Jolly, Peppermint; red/white sparkle dots
- Metallic silver chenille stems
- White grosgrain ribbon, 1/2”-wide
- Hand saw
- Sizzix Big Shot Die-Cutting System and Dies: Bigz Flower Layers (#10); Sizzlits Swirly Vine, Snowman (#7), Ornaments (#3)
- Sizzix eclips Electronic Cutting System and Basic Shapes Cartridge
- Light blue acrylic paint
- Crystal glitter glue
- Adhesives: clear dots, foam dots, glue gun
paper trimmer, detail scissors, ruler, pencil, paintbrush
- Cut dowel into three 12” lengths. Paint dowels light blue; let dry.
- Using eclips machine, cut one Star #6 for each wand from red/white dots paper. Use glue gun to adhere stars to dowels to create wands.
- For each wand, die cut three large flowers from cream cardstock using Flower Layers #10 set. Outline all flowers with glitter glue; let dry.
- Fold each flower in half three times, matching up petals, until only single petal is visible. Unfold each flower and cut from outside edge to center along one crease.
- Accordion fold flowers. Adhere three folded strips together, end to end, to form rosette. Adhere rosette to star using glue gun.
- Die cut one vine for each wand from blue paper; adhere one end to center of rosette using clear dots. Die cut several small stars from red cardstock using Ornaments #3 set. Adhere stars to vine using clear dots.
- Die cut Snowman #7 for each wand from white paper, blue paper, and black, orange, and red cardstock. Detail cut hat and scarf from blue paper and red hat trim and mittens from red cardstock. Adhere eyes, nose, mouth, buttons, and clothing to white snowman. Adhere snowman to wand using foam dots.
- Tie chenille stem and ribbon around base of star. Curl chenille stem around pencil. Knot ribbon ends to prevent fraying.
- Display wands in button-filled jar.
- 1. Craft similar wands for New Year’s Eve, Valentine, or birthday celebrations in coming months.