Blue Reflections Mirror Pendant & Earrings
- Blue Moon Beads Tokens: mirror pendant, leaf motif bar connector
- Crystal beads: 18 5mm aqua; 18 5mm round blue; eight 6mm antique brass leaf motif bead caps; six 10x5mm blue; six 8mm Bali round antique brass; four 10mm round aqua; four 5x2mm aqua; two 10x5mm aqua
- Antique brass findings: 20 6mm jump rings, 12 1” head pins, 10 2” eye pins, eight 2” head pins, two 4mm jump rings, one toggle clasp
- Antique brass curb chain, 2x2mm: 30” length
- Round-nose pliers, needle-nose pliers, wire cutters
cloth for work surface, wooden dowel or fat markercloth for work surface, wooden dowel or fat marker
- 1. Wrap two 2” eye pins around wooden dowel or fat marker. (Note: The straight end of each pin should extend past the loop created with wire.) Use needle-nose pliers to grab “eye” on eye pin and bend eye into 90º angle. (Note: Pins should look like fish hooks with loop on wrong end.) Bend other end of each eye pin to 45º angle. (Note: This creates two ear wires for earrings.)
- 2. Separate two 1-1/2” lengths (approx. 145 links) of curb chain; set aside. Divide evenly into two piles: two 10x5mm blue crystals, two 10mm aqua crystals, two 5mm aqua, two 5mm blue, two bali brass beads, four bead caps, four 5x2mm aqua, four head pins, two 4mm jump rings, and two eye pins.
- 3. Thread onto 2” head pin: one 10x2 mm blue crystal bead, one bead cap, one 5mm aqua bead. Use round-nose pliers to grasp wire above 5mm aqua bead and wrap wire into loop, wrapping excess wire around base of loop once. Trim excess wire using wire cutters.
- 4. Thread onto 2” head pin: one 10mm aqua bead, one bead cap, one 5mm blue crystal. Create loop at end as in Step 3.
- 5. Open one link at each end of 1-1/2” curb chain. Attach end links onto finished head pins; closing links on end.
- 6. Thread one 8mm bali style bead and two 5x2mm aqua beads onto eye pin. Create loop at end as in Step 3. (Note: There should be loop on each end.)
- 7. Position curb chain with beads on work area. Decide which bead to dangle shortest. From that bead, count three links up on chain. Holding third link with needle-nose pliers in one hand, use round-nose pliers to open link using other hand. Attach open link to base of threaded bali bead; close link.
- 8. Attach beaded chain dangles using 4mm jump rings to earring wire from Step 1.
- 9. Repeat Steps 2-8 for other earring.
- 1. Link three 6mm jump rings together. Attach one end of linked jump rings to end of mirror pendant and other end of linked jump rings to bar connector.
- 2. Thread one aqua 5mm bead each onto six 1” head pins. Create closed loop at each end; trim off excess wire.
- 3. Open loops on three blue and three 5mm aqua threaded beads; hook them around bar connector on one side of mirror pendant and close loops. Repeat on other side with remaining six 5mm beads.
- 4. Follow Step 3 under earrings to thread four 2” head pins with 5mm blue crystal, 5mm aqua, 10mm aqua, 10x2mm blue, and bead caps. (Note: You should have two head pins of two designs.)
- 5. Attach both 10mm aqua drop links to bottom loops on bar connector on either side of pendant using two 6mm jump rings. Attach remaining two links to top loops on either end of bar connector.
- 6. Thread one bali 8mm bead, one 5mm blue, and one 5mm aqua bead on one eye pin. Close end off with loop. Attach bali bead end to top left loop of bar connector using 6mm jump ring.
- 7. Thread one 5mm blue, one 10mm aqua, and one 5mm blue on eye pin. Close end off with loop and attach to link from Step 6 using 6mm jump ring.
- 8. Thread one bali 8mm bead, one 5mm blue, and one 5mm aqua bead onto one eye pin. Close end off with loop. Attach bali bead end to other end of link from Step 7 using 6mm jump ring. Attach 6mm jump ring onto other end.
- 9. Thread 8” length curb chain through 6mm jump ring on end of last link from Step 8. Link both ends of curb chain together using 6mm jump ring.
- 10. Thread one 5mm aqua, one 10x5mm blue, and one 5mm aqua on one eye pin, closing end off with loop. Attach eye pin onto curb chain using 6mm jump ring at end of chain.
- 11. Link three 6mm jump rings together. Attach one end of linked jump rings to curb chain end from Step 10. Attach other end of linked jump rings to toggle clasp.
- 12. Repeat Steps 6-11 for right side of necklace.
- 13. To finish, measure two 3” curb chain lengths. Link ends of each length together creating two 3” loops. Measure 1-1/4” chain section on either end of measured length; attach 6mm jump ring through chain link. Attach jump ring to top left loop on bar connector and connect other end of chain to far end of bali bead connector using 6mm jump ring (attached to chain end). Repeat Step 13 for right side of necklace.
- 14. Use remaining 5” curb chain length, link ends together creating loop. Measure 1-1/2” chain section as in Step 13; attach jump rings onto each end. Connect one jump ring (linked to curb chain) to left bottom loop on bar connector. Repeat process to connect other jump ring to right bottom loop.