A Haunting We Will Go Candy Pockets
- Wool felt: 1/8 yd. each: black, tan, beige, rust
- Homespun fabric scraps
- DMC 6-strand Embroidery Floss: Black (310), Tan (738)
- White buttons, two each: 1/4”, 1/2”
- Black wire, 20-gauge
- Freezer paper
- Embroidery needle
- Wire cutter
- Craft glue
scissors, ruler, pencil, iron and pressing surface
- Follow manufacturer’s instructions to prepare felt. (Note: Washing and drying will soften and give felt “aged” texture.) Cut out pattern. Transfer to freezer paper; cut out, allowing 1/4” borders. Iron freezer paper to felt; cut pockets and face patterns from felt as indicated. Remove freezer paper. Arrange faces on pockets; spot glue.
- Blanket stitch pockets together using Black for ghost and pumpkin, and Tan for cat. Stitch ghost’s eyes and mouth, and pumpkin’s eyes, nose, and mouth Tan. Stitch cat’s nose Black and backstitch whiskers and mouth Tan.
- Fold top edge of pockets down 1” to form cuff. Blanket stitch cuff with contrasting floss color. For eyes, attach buttons to cat and pumpkin.
- For hanger, cut three 10” wire lengths. Poke wire length through pocket; twist inside to secure. Curl length around pencil; poke through remaining side and twist inside to secure. Cut three 8” lengths from fabric scraps. Tie fabric into bow on hanger.