Crocheted Pumpkin Bag
- Cotton fabric: orange, 4 yds.; green, 1 yd.
- Felt scraps: yellow, black
- Q crochet hook
- Beacon Adhesives Fabri-Tac Glue
scissors, measuring tape or ruler
- Tear orange and green fabric into 1”-wide strips.
- Knot same-color fabric strips together on one end. Roll same-color strips into balls (like yarn).
- Using crochet hook and orange fabric, chain 18. Row 1: Single crochet into second chain from hook, single crochet in each chain across, turn. Row 2: Continue single crochet across each row until it measures 18” in length. Fasten off. Fold in half lengthwise and use fabric strip to weave between stitches, closing each side of bag. Tie off ends.
- Tie green fabric strip onto top edge at one side of bag; single crochet into top row of bag. Repeat for one additional row. Fasten off. Tie end of fabric strip through crochet stitches at one side of bag. Chain 38, securing final chain through crocheted stitches at opposite edge of bag. Single crochet into second chain from hook, crochet in each chain, turn and repeat for total of two rows. Fasten off.
- Print and cut out pattern. Adhere felt pieces onto front of bag. Let dry.
- To finish, weave knotted ends of fabric strips in between crocheted stitches, trimming ends.
- Measure and cut 18”-long strip of green fabric. Tie strip into bow and glue onto top of bag.