Snowmen Wish List Magnets
- Polyform Sculpey Ultralight Clay
- Polyform Premo! Clay: Pomegranate, White
- Small magnets
- Wire cutters
- Fiskars Mini-Scallop Scissors
- Polyform Sculpey: Super Slicer, Acrylic Roller; Bake & Bond
- Acrylic paints: white, black
- Clear glitter
- Gloss varnish
- Ceramic tile and oven
- Loctite Super Glue
toothpicks, paintbrush, wax paper
- 1. Begin with clean hands and work surface. Working on wax paper-covered ceramic tile, knead clay until soft and pliable.
- 1. Roll ultralight clay on work surface. Roll three ovals measuring 1”x1-1/2” (for snowmen heads). Press oval on work surface flattening back of head.
- 2. Press magnets on back of head to create impression; remove. (Note: If clay is too soft, place in refrigerator for 20 minutes to firm.)
- 3. For nose, roll three 1/2” balls from Pomegranate clay into cone shape. Cut toothpicks to 1/2” lengths; apply Bake & Bond on toothpick ends and insert into bottom of each nose. Set aside.
- 4. For scarf, use acrylic roller to roll Pomegranate clay to 1/16” thickness. Cut two 1/2”x5” strips. Use toothpick to add texture and fringe. Set aside.
- 5. For present hat, cut 1/2”x3/8” box shape from Pomegranate clay. Roll White clay on work surface into thin slab; use mini scallop scissors to cut thin strips of clay (for ribbon). Use super slicer to make thin strips of ribbon (for bow). Press ribbon around sides of hat. For Santa hat, roll Pomegranate ball into cone shape; bend down tip of cone as shown in photo. Use super slicer to cut White strip (for brim) from rolled slab of clay. Wrap brim around bottom of hat. For top hat, roll 3/8”-thick coil shape and small strip from Pomegranate clay. Press strip around bottom of hat; form hat into top hat shape. Use super slicer to cut thin strip from White clay (for band). Press band above brim around hat bottom. Cut toothpicks to 1/2” length; apply Bake & Bond on one end of each toothpick and insert into bottom of each hat.
- 6. Wrap scarves around snowmen. Use toothpick to make eyes on faces.
- 7. Follow manufacturer’s instructions to bake snowmen on ceramic tile in oven. Let cool.
- 8. On covered work surface, dot eyes black. Let dry. Dot or paint stripes on noses and scarves white. Let dry.
- 9. Apply varnish on snowmen. While still wet, sprinkle with glitter. Let dry.
- 10. Turn snowmen over. Apply super glue into impression; press magnet in impression to adhere. Let dry.