King Tut Head Dress
- Felt, 9"x12" sheets: two blue, one gold, one brown; red scrap
- Wooden shapes: two circles, 2"x4" rectangle
- Wiggle eyes, two
- DecoArt Americana Metallics: Emperors Gold
- Aleene's: Fabric Fusion, Original Tacky Glue
scissors, ruler, black marker, paintbrush, newspaper (to cover work surface)
- On covered work surface, paint wooden pieces (snake decoration) Emperors Gold. Let dry. Use black marker to outline edges. Use tacky glue to glue circles on rectangle and eyes above circles. Cut small red felt strip; use tacky glue to glue strip (tongue) between circles. Let dry.
- For head dress sides, stack two blue felt sheets together. Cut sheets diagonally in half, creating two angled pieces.
- Measure and mark 1"x9" strips on gold felt sheet. Cut out sections. Use fabric glue to glue gold strips, 1" apart, on blue felt pieces. Trim edges even. Let dry.
- For headband, measure and cut 2"x14" brown felt strip. Adjust size as needed to fit kid's head. Use fabric glue to glue striped pieces onto one side of brown strip. Let dry.
- Measure and cut 1-1/2"x6" gold felt strip. Use fabric glue to glue gold strip along outside of headband. Use tacky glue to glue snake onto center of headband.
- Wrap headband around kid's head. Adjust size as needed. Use fabric glue to glue ends together. Let dry.