Mad Hatter Day Hats
- Recycled cardboard canister
- Paper plate
- Construction paper: pink, blue, orange, neon green, yellow
- Embellishments: purple craft boa, large pink silk flower, orange pom-poms
- Ribbon, 20" length: pink or orange
- DecoArt Americana Acrylic Paints: Vivid Violet, Jack-o-Lantern Orange
- FM Brush Kid Dynasty Paintbrush
- Aleene's Original Tacky Glue
scissors, ruler, newspaper (to cover work surface)
- For hat brim, trace canister onto center of paper plate. Cut out center of plate and recycle.
- On covered work surface, paint hat brim Vivid Violet or Jack-o-Lantern Orange. Let dry.
- Measure and cut pink or blue paper to cover canister. Glue paper around canister.
- For blue hat, measure and cut four 1"-wide yellow and four 1"-wide green paper strips. Glue strips vertically on canister.
- On each side of canister, use scissors to poke hole near edge. Measure and cut 20" ribbon length. Thread ribbon ends through holes, knot ends on inside.
- Position hat brim around base of canister. Glue hat brim around bottom edge. Let dry.
- Glue purple boa and pink silk flower on pink hat and orange pom-poms and paper circles around blue hat. Let dry.