- Recycled plastic bottles with caps, two
- Uncooked rice, gravel, or seeds
- Orange/green pom-pom trim, six 8" lengths
- Plaid: FolkArt: Hologram Extreme Glitter; Mod Podge decoupage medium; Acrylic Colors: Sunny Yellow, Pumpkin, Fresh Foliage
- Craft glue
scissors, ruler, measuring cup, paintbrush, newspaper (to cover work surface)
- Wash and dry recycled bottles. Let dry.
- On covered work surface, tear newspaper into 1"-wide strips. Apply decoupage medium onto newspaper strips. Smooth newspaper strips over water bottles (maracas), covering completely. Let dry.
- Paint bottom section and 2" top section on maracas Pumpkin. Let dry.
- Paint Sunny Yellow band around bottom of maracas. Let dry.
- Paint center section of maracas Fresh Foliage. Let dry.
- Apply glitter on maracas. Let dry.
- Measure and cut six 8" pom-pom trim lengths. Wrap and glue lengths around maracas dividing color sections. Let dry.
- Fill maracas with 1/4 cup uncooked rice or pebbles. Glue caps on bottles.