Walter the Loveable Dog
- AMACO Claycrete Instant Papier Mache
- Plastic-foam eggs: 4", 2"
- Wooden wheels or large beads, four
- Wooden dowels, two (to fit inside wheels or bead holes)
- Metal slinky, 3" diameter
- Wiggle eyes, two
- Acrylic paints: black, white, grey
- Craft glue
scissors, ruler, plastic knife, toothpick, plastic bowl or zip-lock bag, paintbrushes, newspaper (to cover work surface)
- Adults, help kids when mixing and applying claycrete.
- Use plastic knife to cut large foam egg in half (for body pieces). Insert toothpick on one cut half; insert small foam egg (head) on other end of toothpick.
- On covered work surface, follow manufacturer's instructions to mix claycrete and water in zip-lock bag or plastic bowl.
- Apply claycrete on body and head. Form balls and press on head for ears and nose. Form ball and press onto body for tail. For legs, press small balls on bottom of body.
- Insert wooden dowel length through front legs; smooth around edges. Repeat to attach wooden dowel length through back legs; smooth edges.
- Measure and cut 3/4" length of slinky. Press one end into body and other end into head. Add claycrete to cover and hold ends; smooth edges.
- Attach wooden wheels or large wooden beads onto ends of dowel. Spot glue to secure.
- Paint dog white and grey. Let dry. Paint nose and dot body black. Glue wiggle eyes on face above nose.
- 1. After claycrete has dried, apply a coat of gesso to seal all areas prior to painting.
- 2. Create a fun leash for Walter using ribbon or yarn!