Earth Day Pins
- Recycled brown paper bag
- Wooden items: rectangle, circle, oval
- Construction paper, scraps
- Marvy Uchida Clever Level Paper Punches: Super Jumbo Circle, Jumbo Oak Leaf, Buttercup Flower, Jumbo Circle, Extra Jumbo Circle, Super Jumbo Scalloped Oval
- DecoArt Americana Acrylic Paints: Primary Red, Raw Sienna, Espresso, Lamp Black
- Metal pin backs
- Jump rings
- Aleene's Original Tacky Glue
scissors, ruler, black marker, paintbrush, newspaper (to cover work surface)
- Use paper punches to punch five circles ("save trees" pin), buttercup flowers ("eco-kid" pin), or ovals ("love earth" pin) from brown grocery bag. Use black marker to outline edges.
- Fold shapes in half lengthwise; glue same-shapes together, along folded back edge.
- For "save trees" pin, punch oak leaves from cardstock. Glue leaves on circles.
- For "love earth" pin, punch red jumbo circles. Glue circles on scalloped ovals.
- For "eco-kid" pin, punch three red jumbo circles and three green extra jumbo circles. Glue red and green circles on flower shapes.
- On covered work surface, paint wooden rectangle (tree trunk) Raw Sienna. Let dry. Paint Espresso bark details on tree trunk. Paint wooden circle (ladybug head) Lamp Black and wooden oval (sign) Primary Red. Let dry. Use black marker to outline shapes.
- Use scissors point or nail and hammer to poke hole on top of sign. Attach jump ring on sign and then through top of flower.
- Glue tree trunk on bottom of tree and ladybug head on bottom of body. Glue pin backs on back of each pin.
- Write "save trees," "love earth," or "eco-kid" on paper scrap. Glue scrap on center of pin.