Tic Tac Toe Picnic Blanket
- Oil cloth, 1-1/2 yds.
- Cotton fabric, 1-1/2 yds.
- National Nonwovens WoolFelt: 24” square White
- XoticFelt: 1/2 yd. Ocean Breeze
- Dried rice, 1/2 cup (for each bean bag)
- Crafter’s Choice Polyester Fiberfill
- Kreinik Iron-on Thread: Red (6130)
- Sewing machine and thread
- DecoArt So Soft Glitters: Sizzling Red
scissors, iron and pressing cloth, measuring cup, paintbrush, straight pins, ruler or measuring tape, rotary cutter and self-healing mat
- 1. All seam allowances are 1/2”.
- 1. Cut 42”x54” rectangle from oil cloth. Cut 38”x50” rectangle from cotton fabric. Lay cotton fabric, right side facing up, on top of wrong side of oil cloth rectangle. Center cotton fabric in center of oil cloth. Roll edge of oil cloth over twice; pin and stitch. Repeat on all sides.
- 2. For ties, cut two 2”x24” cotton fabric strips. Press under end and press selvages over 1/2”. Fold over lengthwise and stitch.
- 3. For bean bags, cut 12 5” squares from Ocean Breeze felt using scalloped rotary cutter. Paint “X” Sizzling Red on three Ocean Breeze squares and “O” on remaining three Ocean Breeze squares. Let dry. Sew squares, with wrong sides together, around edges leaving 2” opening. Measure and add 1/2 cup of dried rice and small amount polyester fiberfill. Sew opening closed.
- 4. Measure and cut 24” square from White wool felt. Cut and iron Red iron-on thread in grid pattern on square.
- 5. When not playing, roll game board and bean bags inside picnic blanket. Use ties to secure on each end.