Pringles Can Birdhouses
- Recycled Pringles canister
- Plastic funnel (or top portion from recycled plastic 2L bottle)
- Wooden square or rectangle (for sign)
- Jute twine, 24" length
- Wooden dowel, 4" length
- Construction paper
- Plastic-coated wire, 12" length
- DecoArt Americana Acrylic Paints: Ocean Blue, Kelly Green, Cadmium Orange, Bright Yellow
- Hole punch
- Aleene's Original Tacky Glue
scissors, ruler, black marker, paintbrush, newspaper (to cover work surface)
- Adults, help kids when cutting circle in canister.
- On covered work surface, paint canister Kelly Green or Ocean Blue. Paint dowel Bright Yellow and wooden square (sign) Cadmium Yellow. Let dry.
- Use sponge scrap to apply glue on plastic funnel or cut portion from plastic bottle. Measure and cut 24" jute twine length. Wrap jute twine around funnel. Glue ends. Let dry.
- For birdhouse opening, trace 3" circle on side of canister. Use scissors to cut circle from canister. Cut 3" circle from construction paper. Cut inner 2" circle from paper circle. Glue 3" rim of circle on canister, covering cut edges.
- Use scissors to cut small hole in canister below birdhouse opening. Glue dowel into hole.
- For hanger, use hole punch to punch hole on either side of canister. Measure and cut 12" wire length. Insert wire ends through holes; twist ends on inside.
- Glue jute funnel on top of canister.
- Use black marker to write "Home Tweet Home" or "All Birds Welcome" on sign. Use hole punch to punch holes on sides of sign. Insert jute twine through holes; tie around canister.
- Add small amount bird seed inside birdhouse. Hang birdhouse outside!