"I'm a Tree Hugger" Shirt
- Earth Safe Finishes: Colorant: Sage, Burnt Umber; FabricMagic
- Freezer paper
- Stencils of choice: alphabet letters, 6" tree, 1" leaf
- Cardboard scrap
scissors, plastic bowl, water, plastic spoon, sponge scrap, paintbrush, newspaper (to cover work surface)
- Adults, help kids when using iron.
- Use stencils to trace "I'm a Tree Hugger" and tree and leaf designs onto freezer paper. Cut out inside of designs.
- Insert cardboard scrap between layers on shirt. Use iron to iron stencils onto shirt.
- In plastic bowl, use plastic spoon to mix three drops Sage Colorant and three drops FabricMagic with three drops of water. Use paintbrush to paint inside stencil letters and inside edges of tree leaves. Repeat process using Burnt Umber to paint inside edges of tree trunk. Let dry.
- Remove freezer paper stencils. Let dry.