Tic Tac Pop
- Recycled bottle caps, 10
- Construction paper, 8-1/2"x11"
- Acrylic paints: red, yellow, white
black marker, ruler, paintbrush, newspaper (to cover work surface)
- On covered work surface, paint five bottle caps yellow (bumblebees) and five bottle caps red (ladybugs). Let dry. Apply second coat if needed. Let dry.
- For ladybugs, use black marker to draw line down center of body. Draw half-circle (head) and spots on bodies.
- For bumblebees, use black marker to draw two eyes. Draw two stripes and curved wings on bodies.
- Use end of paintbrush handle to dot bumblebee eyes white. Let dry. Use black marker to dot center of eyes. Lightly brush bumblebee wings white. Let dry.
- Measure and cut 8-1/2"x11" paper rectangle. Use ruler and black marker to draw tic tac toe lines on rectangle.
- 1. Make a game of checkers by creating 12 ladybugs and 12 bumblebees! For playing board, cut 1-1/2" squares (8 by 8) and glue onto cardboard scrap!