Monster Candy Pot
- Clay pots, 5”, two
- DecoArt Americana Acrylic Paints: Yellow Green, Citron Green, Pumpkin, Grape Juice, True Red, Warm White, Lamp Black
- DecoArt Americana Shimmering Silver 3-D Opaque Gloss Enamel
- Forster Jumbo Woodsies Too and Woodsies Flat Wooden Shapes: Small Squares, two; XXL Oval
- Wooden items: craft spoons, two; spools, 5/8” long, two; split wren egg, 7/8” long
- Wiggle eyes: 10mm, 15mm
- Paintbrushes: flat, 3/4"; stencil, 1/4"
- Black permanent dual-tip markers: fine-tip, bullet-tip
- Beacon Adhesives Kids Choice! Glue
pencil, scissors, ruler, paper plate (for palette), paper towel, sandpaper
- 1. Apply two coats of paint to pots, allowing paint to dry between coats.
- 1. To prepare the head, paint one pot Yellow Green except rim. See photo. For hair, use pencil to draw zigzag lines under rim; paint hair Lamp Black. For eyebrows, cut one wooden square in half; paint eyebrows Lamp Black. For nose, paint split egg Citron Green. For tooth, paint remaining wooden square Warm White. For neck bolts, paint spools Shimmering Silver.
- 2. To assemble the head, refer to photo. Adhere nose to center of head. Adhere eyes above nose, placing larger eye on left. Adhere eyebrows above eyes. Use True Red to dry brush cheeks and bottom of nose. (Note: To dry brush, dip stencil brush into paint, stroke on paper towel until almost dry, and brush surface in a circular motion.) Use bullet-tip marker to draw a wiggly smile from cheek to cheek. Use fine-tip marker to outline tooth and to draw scars on face as shown. Adhere tooth below mouth line on right. Adhere neck bolts to bottom and at each side of head.
- 3. For the body, turn other pot upside down. See photo. Use pencil to draw an uneven zigzag line around middle of pot. Use Pumpkin to paint above line (shirt) and Grape Juice to paint below line (pants). For arms, use pencil to draw a zigzag line across spoon area of wooden spoons. Use Pumpkin to paint above line (sleeves) and Yellow Green to paint below line (hands). For shoes, cut XXL oval in half; use Shimmering Silver to paint shoes. Use bullet-tip marker to draw a zigzag line between shirt and pants and to draw pant line as shown. Use fine-tip marker to outline edges of sleeves and hands, to draw a zigzag line between sleeves and hands, to draw finger lines, to outline edges of shoes, and to draw shoe lines.
- 4. Use bullet-tip marker to write “got treats?” across center of shirt. Adhere the following: bottom of head onto top of body; arms to each side of body; feet to bottom of body at each side of pant line.