Pumpkin and Spice Dishtowels
- Brown checked dishtowels, two
- Cotton fabric scraps: orange, yellow, light brown
- Black embroidery floss
- Black jumbo rickrack, 1-1/4 yds.
- Orange flat buttons, 5/8”, four
- Iron and pressing surface
- Therm O Web HeatnBond Iron-on Adhesive
scissors, pencil, transfer paper
- Print and cut out patterns. Cut adhesive slightly larger than pumpkins, stems, and noses. (Note: Stems and noses are separate pattern pieces.) Follow manufacturer’s instructions to fuse adhesive to back of fabrics; cut out. Remove paper backing. Center and fuse stems, pumpkins, and noses to dishtowel as shown. (Note: Pumpkins overlap stems.)
- Transfer eyes and mouths; use two strands floss to stem stitch. Use three strands to blanket stitch around edges of pumpkins, stems, and noses. Sew buttons to cheeks.
- Use three strands of floss to blanket stitch rickrack along bottom edge of dishtowel; whipstitch ends to back.
- 1. Make apron or trick-or-treat bag in same way as dishtowels.
- 2. Enlarge patterns to create whimsical pillows.