A Place in the Sun
- Styrofoam plate, 9”
- Chenille stem, 6” length
- Craypas or oil pastels, in assorted colors
- Pencil with sharp point
- Masking tape
eraser, paper towel, newspaper (to cover work surface)
- Have kids research Post-Impressionism and view paintings from this time period. Use pencil to draw outdoor or nature scene on styrofoam plate.
- Use pencil with sharp point to carve drawing outline into plate.
- Use craypas or oil pastels to color in areas of drawing. Have kids use bright colors like those in Post-Impressionist paintings.
- Use paper towel to gently smudge colors and blend shades.
- For hanger, measure and cut 6” chenille stem length. Bend chenille stem into hook. Use tape to tape hanger on back of painting.