Noah's Ark & Animals
- AMACO Cloud Clay: Terra Cotta, White, Yellow
- Seed beads, two (for each animal)
white copy paper, scisors
- On clean work surface, remove clay from packages. To condition, roll clay separately in hands until soft, bending and rolling until pliable. If clay cracks, keep conditioning.
- For ark body, condition Terra Cotta clay by pulling like taffy. Continue pulling clay into long pieces, so clay appears to have "wood" appearance. Position strips of clay on work surface. Build ark shape by layering strips on top of another. Leave ark base hollow.
- For ark deck, pull Terra Cotta clay and flatten into rectangle shape. Press rectangle on top of ark. Smooth edges.
- For ark house, pull Terra Cotta clay and flatten into square shapes. Press shapes together, forming sides of house. Position house on top of ark deck. Let dry.
- For each giraffe, cover four toothpicks (legs), roll small ball (body), roll small log (neck), and tiny oval (head) from Yellow clay. Mold and form shapes together. Press small Terra Cotta balls (hooves) on legs. Roll and flatten circles (spots) in various sizes. Press spots on bodies and seed beads (eyes) on head. Let dry.
- For each elephant, blend small amount Terra Cotta, Yellow, and White clays together. Wrap toothpick (trunk) and roll two small balls (head and body), two medium balls (ears), and four small balls (legs) from clay. Flatten ears and press on head. Press trunk on end of head. Press head and legs on bodies. Smooth edges. Press seed beads (eyes) in head. Let dry.
- For each camel, break two toothpicks (legs) in half. Wrap legs with Terra Cotta clay. Roll small oval (head), small log (neck), and larger ball (body) from Terra Cotta clay. Form body into hump shape. Press head and legs on body. Smooth edges. Press tiny tail on end of body and seed beads (eyes) on head. Let dry.