Blue Bird Punch Needle
- DMC Punch Needle Fabric: White
- DMC 6-strand Embroidery Floss: 304, 309, 312, 471, 472, 610, 801, 745, 783, 797, 799, 3325
- DMC Color Variations: 4150
- DMC Memory Thread: 8" length Navy (6100)
- Black adhesive-backed felt, 4" square
- Punch needle of choice, 3-strand, on low loop setting
- Punch needle threader
- Interlocking hoop frame, 7"
- Clear-drying water-based glue
scissors, foam brush, transfer paper
- Print out pattern. Transfer design onto center of fabric. Position fabric in hoop.
- Following pattern, punch needle design using three strands floss working from inside of design outwards. Trim thread ends on front and back of design.
- With design in hoop, use foam brush to cover back of design with light coat of clear glue. Let dry.
- Remove design from hoop; trim around design leaving 1/8" border on all sides. For hanger, bend Navy Memory Thread into curved shape; glue ends on back of design.
- Remove paper backing from felt rectangle. Position felt centered on back of design; press in place.