Mosaic Fish Frame
- Golden Light Modeling Paste
- AMACO: Magic Mud, All-Purpose Sealer
- Acrylic paints: lt. blue, royal blue, orange, white, black, yellow
- Palette knife
- Wooden dowel or clay-dedicated rolling pin
paintbrush, plastic knife, teaspoon, newspaper (to cover work surface)
- Adults, help kids when using clay and modeling paste.
- On covered work surface, roll magic mud clay to 6”x8” sheet, 1/4” thickness. Set aside to dry.
- Roll 4” magic mud square. Use plastic knife to cut three fish shapes from square. Set aside to dry.
- When 6”x8” sheet is dry, break into three pieces: one small, one medium, and one large. On covered work surface, paint small piece yellow, medium piece lt. blue, and large piece royal blue. Let dry.
- Break painted pieces into small mosaic squares.
- Paint fish shapes orange. Let dry. Paint stripes white and dot eyes black. Let dry.
- In plastic bowl, use palette knife to mix one tablespoon of molding paste with one teaspoon of white paint. Use palette knife to apply molding paste on frame. Press mosaic piece in frame. Repeat process adding mosaic pieces in desired pattern. Continue mixing small amount molding paste with white paint and adding mosaic pieces. Add fish shapes as desired.
- Let dry. Use paintbrush and paint to touch up tiles if needed. Let dry.
- Apply sealer to all areas of frame. Let dry.