Rocks 'n Twigs Tic Tac Toe
- Rocks, in similar size, 10
- Twigs, four 6” lengths
- Wooden circle, 6”
- Wooden knobs, four 1”
- DecoArt Americana Acrylic Paints: Raw Sienna, Leaf Green, Primary Red, Primary Yellow, Lamp Black, Snow White; Duraclear Varnish
- Aleene’s Original Tacky Glue
scissors, ruler, paintbrush, newspaper (to cover work surface)
- Have kids gather 10 rocks and three twigs on nature walk.
- On covered work surface, paint wooden circle Raw Sienna. Let dry. Paint wooden knobs Leaf Green. For ladybugs, paint part of five rocks Primary Red and other part Lamp Black. Let dry. For bees, paint part of remaining five rocks Primary Yellow and other part Lamp Black. Let dry.
- Paint Lamp Black spots on ladybugs. Paint Snow White wings on bees. Paint eyes Lamp Black and dot Snow White. Let dry.
- Apply sealer or varnish on ladybugs and bees. Let dry.
- Glue wooden knobs on bottom of circle. Glue two 6" twigs horizontally, evenly spaced, across wooden circle. Measure and cut remaining twig into six 2" lengths. Glue six 2"- lengths vertically, evenly spaced, across wooden circle.