Bonfire Roasting Sticks
- Recycled wire hanger
- Wooden dowel, 6” length
- DecoArt Americana Acrylic Paints, in colors of choice
- Drill and 1/4” bit
- Wire cutters
- Aleene’s Original Tacky Glue
black marker, paintbrush, newspaper (to cover work surface)
- Adults, help kids when using drill and wire cutters.
- On covered work surface, paint dowel length (handle) in colors of choice. Add camouflage, polka dots, kid's name, or camp's name on handle. Let dry.
- Untwist wire hanger and straighten (for stick). Use wire cutters to cut length to 30”.
- Use drill to drill hole in center of dowel end. Spot glue hole; insert stick. Let dry.
- 1. For ease in straightening wire hanger, have one person hold end of wire between pliers while second person works to straighten wire length.