Fourth o' Fun Tiedye
- White 100% cotton t-shirts
- Tulip One-Step Dyes: Blue, Red
- Tulip 3-D Fashion Paint: Silver Metallic, True Red Slick
- Tulip Soft Fabric Paint: Platinum Metallic
- Tulip Fashion Form (or cardboard scrap)
paper towels, scissors, plastic garbage bag (to cover work surface)
- Adults, help kids when using dyes.
- Wash shirts in washing machine. Do not dry.
- On covered work surface, use following technique to create design: accordion-fold lower 2/3 of shirt, crumple top; scrunch top and bottom edges together, wrap with rubber band, then repeat for other two areas creating three sections; pinch fabric from center to side seam, wrap with rubber band 4" from end, then 3" from first.
- Wearing gloves, follow manufacturer's instructions to fill dye bottles with water. Shake bottles until dye is dissolved.
- Squeeze Red or Blue dye on shirts as desired. Turn shirts over; repeat process. Place shirts separately in plastic bags. Let shirts set for six hours.
- Remove shirts from bags. Cut rubber bands from shirts. Wash shirts separately in washing machine with small amount detergent. Dry shirts in dryer.
- Use Platinum Metallic to paint stars on shirts. Let dry. Use Silver Metallic or True Red Slick to write "USA" on shirts. Let dry.