The Spirit of Independence Banner
- Cardstock or print paper: red, white, blue, yellow
- Fabric, in coordinating-colors, scraps
- Blue ribbon, 6'
- Crafty Chica Chunky Glitter: Rockabilly Ruby, Hollywood Blue, Goddess Gold
- Decorative-edge scissors
- Hole punch
- Aleene's Quick Dry Tacky Glue
scissors, ruler, foam brush, newspaper (to cover work surface)
- Print and cut out pattern.
- For each pennant, measure and cut two 6"-long triangles on cardstock. Cut out pennants. Use decorative-edge scissors to trim pennants.
- For saying, draw and cut out 4"-tall "4" and "JULY" letters from cardstock. Measure and cut 3"-tall "of" letters from cardstock. Measure and cut out 1"-tall "th" letters from cardstock.
- On covered work surface, use foam brush to apply glue onto letters. Pour glitter in desired color on each letter. Let dry. Pour excess glitter back in container.
- Layer and glue pennants together. Glue letters and stars on pennants. Let dry.
- Tear fabric scraps into 2"-wide strips. Cut fabric into 7"-long and 12"-long lengths.
- Position ribbon length flat on work surface. Glue pennants along strip.
- Use hole punch to punch holes in pennant tips. Knot longer fabric lengths through holes. Tie shorter fabric lengths on ribbon between pennants.