Art of Color Mailbox & Mini Album
- Papier-mâché mailbox
- Thin chipboard
- Golden yellow cardstock
- White papers: Ranger Inkssentials Gloss Paper, text-weight paper
- Black grosgrain ribbon, 3/8"-wide
- Paula Best Stamps: Word and Wings Goddess Collage Cubes, Word Tags, Tag Collage, Essential Words
- Ranger Inkssentials Tools: Heatit Craft Tool, Paper Creaser, Cut 'n Dry Nibs
- Ranger Archival Jet Black Ink Pad
- Ranger Adirondack Dye Ink Pads: Sunshine Yellow, Sunset Orange, Citrus, Pool, Raspberry, Wild Plum, Purple Twilight, Pitch Black
- Ranger Adirondack Pitch Black Acrylic Paint Dabber
- Ranger Black Embossing Powder
- Adhesives: Ranger Inkssentials Gloss Glue N' Seal and Glossy Accents, foam tape
paper trimmer, detail scissors, ruler, pencil, newspapers, foam paintbrush, awl, tweezers, 1/8 hole punch
- Remove brad from mailbox flag. Holding prongs with tweezers, heat head and dip into embossing powder. Reheat to melt powder.
- Paint mailbox black; let dry. Cut two 2-3/4"x1-3/4" chipboard album covers.
- Randomly apply dye inks directly to a sheet of text-weight paper. Cut two 3-1/2"x2-1/2" and one 2-9/16"x6-1/2" panels, plus several scraps.
- Overstamp pieces with Jet Black geometric images, re-inking and turning stamp 90° each time.
- Center and glue panels to album covers and mailbox using Glue N' Seal; fold excess paper around album covers. Apply two coats of sealer to surfaces in opposite directions; let dry. Using awl, punch hole in mailbox for brad; reattach flag.
- Cut one 1-5/8"x10-1/2" and one 1-5/8"x11" gold paper strip. Score strips at 2-5/8", 5-1/4", and 7-7/8" from one short end. Score 11” strip at 10-1/2"; adhere tab to first strip to create one long strip. Accordion fold strip to create album.
- Stamp Jet Black tags and words onto gloss paper. Apply dye inks with nibs. Detail cut shapes; edge with Pitch Black ink. Punch holes in tags and insert ribbons. Adhere shapes and paper scraps to album with Glossy Accents.
- Cut and adhere 10" ribbon lengths to outside of album covers with Glossy Accents. Adhere tag to front cover with foam tape. Adhere album to covers with Glue N' Seal; let dry. Tie ribbons at sides of album; place in mailbox.
- 1. Ink is not required to emboss a metal brad. Holding brad prongs with tweezers, simply heat the brad, dip into embossing powder, and reheat to melt the powder.