An Apple for the Teacher
- AMACO: Balsa Foam I; EZ Grip Modeling Tools
- Acrylic paints: brown, red
- Craft glue
scissors, paintbrush, newspaper (to cover work surface)
- Measure and cut two 3”x3”x1” balsa foam blocks. Glue blocks together.
- Use pointed tool to draw apple shape into blocks.
- Use modeling tools to carve out apple shape. Remove larger areas around outline.
- After basic shape is carved out, add details like stem hole on top of apple. Round edges of apple.
- Gently smooth edges of apple on clean work surface.
- For apple stem, use discarded scrap to carve skinny log shape.
- On covered work surface, apply gesso onto surfaces of apple and stem. Let dry.
- Paint apple red and stem brown. Let dry.
- Glue stem inside stem hole. Let dry.
- Glue magnet on back of apple.