Halloween Spider Card
- Black cardstock
- Patterned paper: orange check; white/orange polka dot
- Purple mulberry paper
- Black wire, 28-gauge
- Heat tool
- Wire cutter
- Uchida White Liquid Appliqué Pen
- Markers: white opaque fine-tip, black
- Black chalk
- Adhesives: craft glue, dimensional adhesive dots
scissors, ruler, straight pins, computer and printer
- Cut 5-1/2”x8-1/2” piece from orange check paper; score and fold in half.
- Tear 2-1/4”x3-3/4” piece from mulberry paper; adhere near top of card front.
- Use size 39 font of choice (designer used Space Toaster font) and computer to print “Happy Halloween” on orange polka dot; trim to 1-1/2”x3”. Chalk edges. Use straight pin to poke hole in bottom center and thread 2” wire length through hole; curl end to secure. Use dimensional dots to adhere to card front over mulberry paper.
- Print and cut out pattern. Cut spider body from black cardstock; poke holes in each side. Cut four 4-1/4” lengths from black wire. Carefully thread wires through left hole, front to back, then through right hole, back to front. Bend and arrange legs, trimming wires as needed.
- Use white opaque pen to draw nose and mouth. Follow manufacturer’s instructions on Liquid Appliqué Pen to draw eyes; let dry. Heat with heat tool. Use black marker to dot eyes.
- Use dimensional dots to adhere spider to card front, catching wire end behind spider.