"You're a REEL Catch!" Frame
- Jumbo craft sticks, eight
- Wooden skewer
- Wooden spool, 1/2"
- Fishing line, 20" length
- Gold wire, 4" length
- Black craft foam alphabet letters: DAD
- Fish button, 1/2"
- Magnets, four
- DecoArt: Americana Acrylic Paints: Baby Blue, Forest Green, Hauser Light Green, Hauser Medium Green, Lamp Black, Ocean Blue, Slate Grey; Dazzling Metallics: Glorious Gold
- Glue gun and sticks (or heavy-duty craft glue)
scissors, ruler, black marker, paintbrush, newspaper (to cover work surface)
- Adults, help kids when using glue gun.
- On covered work surface, position craft sticks together, forming frame shape. See photo. Glue craft sticks together. Let dry.
- Paint top of frame Baby Blue, center of frame Hauser Light Green, and bottom of frame Ocean Blue. Let dry. Add Hauser Medium Green and Forest Green grass on bottom of frame. Paint Ocean Blue water splash lines and Baby Blue water ripples. Let dry.
- Use black marker to write "You're a REEL catch!" on frame. Let dry.
- Use scissors to cut 6" length from wooden skewer (for fishing pole). Paint pole Slate Grey and wooden spool (reel) Lamp Black. Let dry. Add Glorious Gold details on edges of reel.
- Insert reel into pole. Wrap fishing line length around reel, leaving 6" on end. Measure and cut three small gold wire lengths. Form two wire lengths into circles and one wire length into hook. Glue circles onto back of pole. Thread fishing line end through circles and tie onto hook.
- Glue "DAD" and fish button onto front of frame. Glue each magnet on corner on back of frame. Let dry. Insert photo.