"The Big Game" Tray
- Wooden frame (with glass), 6-1/2"x8"
- Wooden balls, four 1-1/4"
- Polyform Sculpey Bake Shop Clay: Brown
- Craft foam alphabet letters: D, A, D
- White string or cording, 20" length
- Acetate sheet, 6"x8"
- Plaid FolkArt: Acrylic Colors: Baby Blue (442), Sky Blue (465), Fresh Foliage (954); Extreme Glitter: Peridot (2776), Hologram (2782); High Definition Visual Texture Paint: Wicker White
- Parchment-lined baking sheet and oven
- Aleene's Original Tacky Glue
scissors, ruler, paintbrush, newspaper (to cover work surface)
- Adults, help kids when baking clay in oven.
- Remove glass from frame. On covered work surface, paint glass (field) and DAD craft foam letters Fresh Foliage. Let dry. Paint field and letters Peridot Glitter. Let dry. Measure and cut five 4" white cording lengths. Glue cording lengths (field lines), evenly spaced, across field. Let dry.
- Paint frame Baby Blue and wooden balls Sky Blue. Let dry. Paint frame and wooden balls Hologram Glitter. Let dry. Glue wooden balls on back of frame (for legs). Let dry.
- For footballs, remove clay from package. To condition, roll clay in hands until soft, bending and rolling until pliable. If clay cracks, keep conditioning. Roll three football shapes from Brown clay. Slightly flatten and form ends into points.
- Position footballs on parchment-lined baking sheet. Follow manufacturer's instructions to bake footballs in oven. Let cool completely. Use Wicker White paint to draw lacing on footballs. Let dry.
- Position field on acetate sheet. Trim around edges. Position field and acetate sheet inside frame. Glue DAD and footballs on edges of frame. Let dry.
- 1. For even more fun, add team name in alphabet stickers along bottom of frame. Or change up field to reflect a baseball diamond, basketball court, or soccer field for Dad’s favorite team!