"Cut Above the Rest!" Card
- Cardstock or construction paper: grey, brown, red
- Silver paper fasteners, three
- Jute twine, 12" length
- Decorative-edge scissors
- Hole punches: 1/8", 1/4"
- API Crafter's Pick The Ultimate! Glue
scissors, ruler, black marker, transfer paper, pencil
- Fold 8-1/2"x11" paper rectangle into 5-1/2"x8-1/2" card shape.
- Print and cut out patterns. Transfer saw pattern onto folded card. Cut out saw shape. Use decorative-edge scissors to trim bottom edge of saw blade. Cut opening on saw handle.
- Transfer saw handle shape onto brown paper. Cut out handle shape. Glue handle on card.
- Use black marker to draw wood details on saw handle and outline saw handle and blade. Write "Let's cut to the chase..." on saw blade.
- Use 1/8" hole punch to punch holes in saw handle as indicated on pattern. (Note: Punch holes in front side of card only.) Insert paper fasteners in holes; bend ends on inside.
- Use black marker to write "You're the best Dad ever!!!" on red paper. Use decorative-edge scissors to cut around words. Glue red tag inside card.
- For tag, use black marker to write "SUPER!" on red paper. Use decorative-edge scissors to cut out tag shape. Use 1/4" hole punch to punch hole on edge of tag. Measure and cut 12" jute twine length. Insert jute twine through hole on tag; tie tag around handle hole.
- 1. If working with younger kids, have adults punch holes on pattern pieces.