Fairy Princess Pillowcase Costume
- Standard white pillowcase
- Pink tulle or netting, 54”-wide: 2-1/4 yds.
- White feather boa
- White satin ribbon: 1”-wide, 12” length; 1-1/2”-wide, 4 yds.
- Light pink craft foam, 8-1/2”x11”, two
- Fabric trims: 1/2” silver, 5/16” white
- Rhinestones: clear round, bright pink rectangle, clear squares
- White pom-poms: 1”, 1-1/2”
- Metallic white cord, 40” length
- Elastic cord
- Wooden dowel, 12” length
- Tulip Neon Pink Cool Color Spray
- Tulip Silver Sparkle Spray Fabric Glitter
- Circle punch, 1/4”
- Sewing needle and thread
- Aleene’s: OK to Wash-It Fabric Glue, FunCraft Foam Glue
scissors, ruler, straight pins, plastic tablecloth or garbage bags (to cover work surface)
- 1. For dress, cut 7” circle (armhole) on each side seam and 6” circle (neck hole) on center top. Cut 6” vertical slit down center back and 4” slits on bottom sides. Dab glue on cut edges to prevent fraying.
- 2. Lay dress on work surface. Spray dress Neon Pink and then Silver. Let dry. Turn dress over and repeat process. Let dry.
- 3. Cut one 2 yard and one 1/4 yard length from tulle. Cut longer length in half, creating two 27”x72” rectangles. Sew long stitches across one long side of each rectangle. Pull stitches to gather, making tulle pieces same length as width of dress.
- 4. Pin gathered edge across front and back of dress. Sew tulle onto dress on stitches.
- 5. Glue boa around neck and armhole edges.
- 6. For belt loops, cut two 4" elastic cord lengths; knot ends of each length together. Glue loops below armholes. Cut and thread two yards of ribbon through loops; tie into bow on dress front.
- 1. Print and cut out crown pattern. Spray crown and star Neon Pink and then Silver. Let dry.
- 2. Glue ribbon across crown bottom and white trim to sides of ribbon. Glue silver trim across ribbon center.
- 3. Glue pom-poms onto crown top. Glue rhinestones onto top and center of crown.
- 4. Punch holes on sides of crown. Thread elastic cord through holes and knot ends. (Make sure to measure head so crown fits snug.)
- 1. Print and cut out star pattern. For wand, glue stars together, leaving opening at bottom. Insert dowel into opening. Glue pom-pom and rhinestone onto star.
- 2. Tie 1/4 yard of tulle and remaining ribbon into bow around dowel. Glue bow to wand.
- 1. Use a hair dryer to speed up drying time after spraying fabric.