Silver Floral Designs
- Polyform Sculpey Premo! Oven-Bake Clay: Silver
- Silver keychain or 18" silver chain
- DecoArt Americana Acrylic Paints: Lamp Black
- Silver paper clip
- Silver jump ring
- Parchment-lined baking sheet
scissors, ruler, toothpick, aluminum foil, paintbrush, newspaper (to cover work surface)
- Adults, help kids when baking clay in oven.
- On clean work surface, remove clay from package. To condition, roll clay in hands until soft, bending and rolling until pliable. If clay cracks, keep conditioning.
- For necklace, roll six 1/4" balls. For keychain, roll six 1/2" balls. Flatten five balls and form into petal shapes. Flatten remaining ball into circle shape (for flower center). Press petals around flower center. Roll skinny snake; press around flower center (creating dimension).
- Use toothpick to add details on flower centers and petals.
- Open paper clip; bend end back and forth to break off, leaving small curved portion. Insert curved portion in top of flower.
- Follow manufacturer's instructions to bake flower on parchment-lined baking sheet in oven. Let cool completely.
- On covered work surface, dab paintbrush in Lamp Black and lightly brush indentations on flower, creating antiqued look. Use paper towel to wipe excess from flower. Let dry.
- Attach jump ring to paper clip loop. Attach charm on keychain or silver chain length.