- Creative Paperclay Delight Air-Dry Clay: White
- Dow STYROFOAM Brand Foam: three 2" balls
- Heavy cotton string or jute twine
- Jacquard Lumiere Paints: Metallic Silver
- Old or promo credit card (for cutter)
- Clay-dedicated rolling pin or wooden dowel
- Aleene's Super Thick Tacky Glue
scissors, ruler, paintbrush, toothpicks, newspaper (to cover work surface)
- Measure and cut six 30" lengths from cotton string. Position lengths side-by-side on work surface; knot all ends together. Braid string lengths (two in each group); knot other ends.
- Measure and cut six 14" lengths from cotton string. Repeat process to braid lengths together; knot ends.
- Fold longer braided length in half; position shorter braid at center point. Attach shorter length to longer length using string scrap.
- Use scissors point to poke hole in each plastic-foam ball. Spot glue hole; insert braided string ends in each hole. Let dry.
- On clean work surface, remove clay from package. To condition, roll clay in hands until soft, bending and rolling until pliable. If clay cracks, keep conditioning. Roll clay to 1/4" thickness.
- Press plastic-foam balls on clay sheet; spot glue balls and wrap clay around each ball. Use fingers to smooth surfaces and edges. Set aside to dry.
- Roll clay to 1/4" thickness. Use old credit card to cut out nine teardrop shapes. Flatten teardrops creating leaves. Use toothpick to draw veins lines on leaves. Glue three leaves on bottom of each ball. Set aside to dry.
- On covered work surface, paint leaves Metallic Silver. Let dry.