Embossed Leather-Look Frame
- Cardstock or construction paper, 8-1/2"x10-1/2": one light brown, two black
- Tan leather cording, four 8" lengths, one 11" length
- Plaid Simply Stencil (#17429)
- Inkpads: red, brown, black
- Hole punch
- API Crafter's Pick The Ultimate! Glue
scissors, ruler, black marker, sponge scrap, newspaper (to cover work surface)
- Measure and cut 8"x10" brown paper rectangle (frame). Measure and cut 4-1/2"x6-1/2" rectangle in center of frame.
- Use pencil to draw lines diagonally from center opening to corners.
- Position stencil on work surface. Position brown frame over stencil; rub pencil point over paper on top of stencil, working to diagonal lines. Repeat process for remaining three sides of frame.
- Dab sponge scrap in red inkpad and gently rub on embossed areas on frame. Repeat process using sponge scrap and brown inkpad. Repeat process using sponge scrap and black inkpad.
- Use black marker to outline diagonal lines and draw stitch marks around opening and edges of frame.
- Measure and cut 4"x6" rectangle from center of 8-1/2"x10-1/2" black paper rectangle.
- Glue embossed brown frame on black rectangle. Glue photo in frame opening. Glue remaining 8-1/2"x10-1/2" black rectangle on back of assembled brown/black rectangles.
- Use hole punch to punch four holes on each corner. Punch two holes on top of frame, about 5" apart.
- Measure and cut four 8" lengths of tan cording. Insert cording through groups of four punched holes, creating "x" shapes; knot ends on back.
- Measure and cut 11" length of tan cording. Insert cording through holes on top of frame; knot ends on front and tie ends together.