Jack-O'-Lantern Candle Jar
- Recycled quart jar
- Flowerpot votive candle holder
- Delta Ceramcoat Acrylic Paint: Tangerine, Black, Bright Red, Crocus Yellow, Spice Brown, Pine Green
- Silk maple leaves, two
- Silk sun daisies, three
- Floral wire, 24-gauge, 44” length
- Votive candle
- Scrap fabric
- Delta All-Purpose Sealer
- Sanford Sharpie Black Fine-Tip Permanent Marker
- Paintbrushes: flat brush, liner
- Wire cutter
- Hot glue gun and sticks
scissors, ruler, pencil, transfer paper
- Wash and dry jar. Use sponge to apply sealer to entire outside surface; let dry. Sponge paint rim Pine Green and jar Tangerine. Use flat brush to paint section lines Spice Brown as shown.
- Print and cut out pattern; transfer face. Dry brush cheeks Bright Red. Paint eyes, nose, and mouth Black. Use liner to paint eyebrows Black, and to add Crocus Yellow highlights to eyes, nose, and mouth. Add Crocus Yellow highlight dots to cheeks. Draw details on cheeks and section lines as shown.
- Tie fabric and raffia bows around top of jar. Adhere leaves and flowers to bows. Cut four 11” lengths from wire; curl around pencil. Glue wire lengths to leaves and flowers as desired. Insert votive candle into holder and place holder in jar.