Harold & The Purple Crayon Bank
- Recycled oatmeal canister (with lid)
- Dow STYROFOAM Brand Foam: 3-7/8"x9" cone
- White paper, scrap
- DecoArt Americana Acrylic Paints: Lavender, Purple Cow
- Craft glue
scissors, ruler, black marker, craft knife, paintbrush, newspaper (to cover work surface)
- Adults, help kids when using craft knife.
- Use craft knife to cut 4" from tip of plastic-foam cone. Transfer slit pattern on side of oatmeal container (crayon body). Use craft knife to cut 1/4"x1-1/2" slit in side of crayon body (for coins).
- Glue cone (crayon tip) on top of plastic lid. Let dry.
- Cut crayon sign from white paper.
- On covered work surface, paint crayon tip, crayon bottom, and sign Purple Cow. Let dry. Paint crayon body Lavender. Let dry.
- Use black marker to write "crayon" on center of sign. Glue sign on crayon body.