- Journal, 7-1/2"x9-3/4
- Cork sheet, 8-1/2"x11"
- Light basswood strip, 3/16"x6-3/4"
- Light plywood strip, 6"x12"
- DCWV print paper: The Grade School Stack
- Royal Rub-on Transfers: School Sentiments
- Offray Ribbon: Measure Up, 20" length
- Index tabs
- DecoArt Americana Acrylic Paints: Napthol Red, Slate Grey, Snow White
- Ellison Sizzix Machine and Dies: Seasonal Set, Fun Serif Uppercase Alphabet Set, Lollipop Punctuation Set
- Cotton-tip swab
- Craft glue
scissors, ruler, paintbrush, newspaper (to cover work surface)
- Measure and cut 5-1/2"x6-3/4" rectangle from blackboard print paper. Glue rectangle on front of journal.
- Use machine and alphabet dies to cut "A" and "+" from plywood sheet.
- On covered work surface, paint "A" and "+" Napthol Red. Let dry. Glue "A+" on blackboard.
- Use liner brush and Snow White to paint "teacher" below A+. Let dry.
- Measure and cut 4"x7-3/4" rectangle from cork sheet. Glue cork rectangle on bottom of journal.
- Use machine and Apple and leaf die to cut shapes from diamond-print paper. Glue apple on bottom of cork rectangle. Let dry.
- Follow manufacturer's instructions to transfer "learn definition" rub-on transfer onto bottom of cork rectangle.
- For chalkboard ledge, paint basswood strip Slate Grey. Let dry. Glue strip between blackboard and cork sheet. For chalk, cut cotton-tip swab handle into three pieces. Glue chalk on ledge.
- For journal back cover, measure and cut 7"x9-3/4" rectangle from diamond-print paper. Glue rectangle on back of journal.
- Measure and cut two 10" measuring-tape print ribbon lengths. Glue ribbon lengths on front and back of journal spine.
- Attach index tabs inside journal.
- 1. Staying organized is fun with this journal! Or use as a daily "reminder" journal to list important information pertaining to your class or students!