- Print fabrics, 1/4 yd. each: black, Halloween
- Muslin, 1/4 yd.
- Felt: black, 1/4 yd.; orange, 3/8 yd.
- Cotton homespun scraps: green, orange/black, multi-color
- All Cooped Up Designs Curly Crepe Pull Wool
- Sand, 1/4 cup
- Toothpick (nose)
- Stick (stem)
- Fiberfill stuffing
- DecoArt Americana Acrylic Paint: Georgia Clay, Black
- Rit Tan Fabric Dye
- Black fine-tip permanent marker
- Thread: black, cream
- Pinking shears
- Sewing machine
- Air-soluble pen
- Adhesives: Beacon Adhesives Fabri-Tac Permanent Adhesive; glue gun and sticks
scissors, straight pins, needle
- 1. Finished size: 9-1/2" tall
- 1. Follow manufacturer’s instructions to dye muslin Tan. Print and cut out patterns. Fold muslin in half; trace body, two arms, and two legs onto muslin. Stitch on traced lines, leaving open where indicated; trim.
- 2. Turn pieces right side out. Fill body with sand, then stuff remainder firmly. Slip stitch opening closed. Stuff arms and legs. Use air-soluble pen to mark boot lines on legs; paint Black.
- 3. Cut bodice from fabric; cut neck opening. For skirt, cut two 4-1/2”x10” strips from Halloween fabric. Machine gather top edge of each strip. With right sides together, pin gathers to fit waist of each side of bodice. Sew bodice to skirt with 1/4” seam. With right sides together, sew dress side seams, starting at wrist and ending at bottom edge of skirt.
- 4. Place body through neck opening; secure with stitch on each side of neck. Place arms into sleeves; fold a 1/2” hem. Sew gathering stitch around each arm. Pull up gathers tightly; knot and clip thread.
- 5. Use glue gun to glue legs to body. Use air-soluble pen to draw face; trace with marker. Paint 3/4” of toothpick Georgia Clay. Poke hole in face with unpainted toothpick end. Glue nose into hole.
- 6. For hair, cut 3” length from curly wool; pull apart and glue to head. For hat, cut felt as indicated. Sew hat edges together along dashed line, using 1/4” seam. Insert hat through brim; glue in place. Tear 1/2”-wide strip from multi-color homespun fabric; tie around hat.
- 7. For pumpkin, cut 10-1/2” circle from orange felt. Sew gathering stitch around circle. Place stuffing in center; pull up gathers tightly. Knot and clip thread. Tear a 1”x45” strip from green homespun fabric; loop and tuck fabric into hole in top of pumpkin.
- 8. For stem, cut a 2” length from stick; glue into center of green fabric.
- 9. For patches, use pinking shears to cut two 1” squares from fabric scraps. Use fabric glue to glue to pumpkin. Use glue gun to glue arms to pumpkin. Stitch legs to pumpkin to secure.