Out of this World Memo Board
- Recycled metal baking sheet, 9"x13"
- Star-print paper
- Orange cardstock rectangles, two 12" squares
- Wooden circles, four 1-1/2"
- Wiggle eyes, four large
- Silver chenille stems, two
- Orange pony beads, eight
- Orange/black polka dot ribbon, 12" length
- Glue Dots: Mini Glue Dots, Craft Glue Dots, Continuous Glue Lines
- Krylon Indoor/Outdoor Spray Paint: Jade
- Bright green acrylic paint
- Paint primer
- Flat-backed magnets, four
scissors, ruler, black marker, paintbrush, newspaper (to cover work surface)
- Adults, help kids when using spray paint and primer.
- On covered work surface, paint baking sheet with primer. Let dry. Adults, spray baking sheet on front and back Jade. Let dry. Paint wooden circles (aliens) bright green. Let dry.
- Measure inside of baking sheet. Cut orange cardstock same-size as measured area. If using two squares, line up seams on center of baking sheet. Use Continuous Glue Lines to glue orange cardstock squares on baking sheet center.
- Measure and cut 7-3/4"x9" star-print paper rectangle. Use Continuous Glue Lines to glue rectangle on center of baking sheet.
- Use Craft Glue Dots to glue magnets on back of aliens.
- For aliens' antennae, measure and cut eight 3" lengths from silver chenille stems. Insert orange pony bead on end of each silver length. Fold lengths in half; twist to secure. Use Mini Glue Dots to glue antennae on top of aliens.
- Use Mini Glue Dots to glue wiggle eyes on center of each alien. Use black marker to draw outline and mouth on aliens.
- For hanger, measure and cut 12" ribbon length. Thread ribbon ends through hole on baking tray; tie ends together.
- Use alien magnets to hold notes, photos, or other info on memo board!