- Dow STYROFOAM Project Bricks
- Recycled square tissue box
- Recycled paper towel tubes, two
- Cardboard: 12" square, two 3" squares, 2-1/2"x4" rectangle
- Blue cardstock, 12" square
- Green tissue paper or crepe paper
- Silver cording, two 8" lengths
- Aleene's Original Tacky Glue
- Hole punch
- DecoArt Americana Acrylic Paints: Antique White, Lamp Black
scissors, ruler, plastic knife, pencil with eraser, paintbrush, newspaper (to cover work surface)
- On covered work surface, measure and cut tissue box to 3"x4". Paint top of box Antique White. Let dry.
- Measure and cut 12" square, two 3" squares, and 2-1/2"x4" rectangle (for drawbridge) from cardboard.
- Position tissue box (castle) on work surface. Beginning at bottom of box, glue front with one row of vertical bricks, then one row horizontal bricks, until castle is covered. Continue gluing bricks on sides and back of castle. Let dry.
- For towers, measure and cut two 6"-tall paper towel tubes. On work surface, use plastic knife to cut 28 bricks lengthwise in half. Glue brick-halves onto towers, leaving open space for windows. Glue towers on front of castle.
- On 3" cardboard squares (tower tops), glue six bricks along edges. Use plastic knife to cut four brinks in half, creating square shapes. Glue squares on top of four bricks. Glue tower tops on top of towers.
- Paint windows and drawbridge door Lamp Black. Let dry.
- Measure and cut 12" blue cardstock square. Glue blue square onto 12" cardboard square. Glue castle on blue square, leaving 1" border on all edges. Let dry.
- Use hole punch to punch holes on top corners of drawbridge door. Measure and cut two 8" lengths from silver cording. Thread cording ends through holes on drawbridge door; knot ends. Glue bottom edge of drawbridge door onto bottom opening on castle. Glue cording ends onto top opening on castle; trim ends.
- For bushes, cut 65 2" green tissue paper or crepe paper squares. Position eraser end on pencil in square; wrap around pencil. Dip pencil end in glue and press onto edge of cardboard. Repeat adding more squares around base. Let dry.