Harvest Napkin Rings & Placecards
- Recycled cardboard tubes
- Cardstock: yellow, light green, orange, red, purple
- DMC Pearl Cotton 5 Variations: Yellow/Orange (4190), Moss Green (4122), Copper (4160), Spring Green (4101)
- DMC: Color Infusions Memory Thread: Metallic Silver, Orange, Avocado, Light Green, Black
- Aleene's Quick Dry Tacky Glue
scissors, ruler, black marker
- 1. Measure and cut 2" sections (napkin rings) from recycled cardboard tubes. Cut slit on one side.
- 2. Wrap napkin ring with Pearl Cotton in color of choice. Glue ends on inside.
- 3. Print out patterns.
- 4. For corn, cut five 2-1/2" lengths from Orange, Avocado, and Light Green Memory Thread. Coil lengths and glue on center (for kernels). For leaves, cut four 4" lengths from Avocado Memory Thread. Cut length in half; glue on center of leaves (for vein lines).
- 5. For eggplant, cut four 6" lengths from Avocado Memory Thread. Twist and bend two threads together; glue onto top of eggplant. Glue remaining threads on center of eggplant.
- 6. For pumpkins, cut two 12" Black Memory Thread lengths. Cut lengths into varying lengths; glue along center of pumpkins. For leaves, cut two 6" Light Green Memory Thread lengths. Coil lengths and glue onto top of pumpkin.
- 7. Glue vegetables on front of napkin ring. Let dry.
- 1. Measure and cut 4" square from cardstock. Fold square in half (for placecard). Measure and cut 1-1/2"x3-1/2" rectangle from coordinating-color card stock. Glue rectangle on placecard front.
- 2. For leaf, cut 1-1/2" square from cardstock. Trim edges into teardrop shape. Measure and cut six 4" lengths of Memory Thread. Twist lengths and glue around leaf shape. Glue leaves on placecards.
- 3. For placecard border, measure and cut two 10" lengths from Metallic Silver Memory Thread. Twist lengths together; glue around name rectangle.
- 4. Use black marker to write name and outline placecard.