Paint Chip Topiary
- Dow STYROFOAM Brand Foam Cone, 9"x4"
- Three-shade paint chips: 1 each light green, lavender, and salmon; 10 each 2 different pinks, 2 yellows, and 2 oranges
- Seed or E beads: light green, lavender, salmon, pink, yellow, orange
- Beading pins
- Small butterfly punch
- Crystal glitter glue
- Ultra-fine crystal glitter
paper trimmer, scissors, pencil, ruler
- 1. Keep project out of reach of small children.
- 1. Cut pink, yellow, and orange paint chips into 3/4"x3-3/4" strips. Cut from same edge each time to ensure proper alignment.
- 2. Beginning at bottom of cone, pin pink paint chips in place, alternating shades. Insert pins at top of each strip, slightly overlapping previous strip. When base of cone is covered, insert pins through pink beads and into cone to anchor strips.
- 3. Repeat Step 2 with orange and yellow strips, using coordinating beads.
- 4. Trace tip of cone onto back of one yellow paint chip. Cut out circle 3/16" beyond traced line; cut tabs around circle up to traced line. Bend tabs down and pin circle, through tabs, to cone.
- 5. Wrap one yellow strip around top of cone to hide pins; anchor in back with a pin.
- 6. Punch several butterflies from assorted paint chips. Coat butterflies with glitter glue, sprinkle with glitter, and let dry.
- 7. Pin butterflies to cone, placing a coordinating pin on bead before inserting into foam.