Milk Jug Alien Mask
- Recycled plastic gallon milk jug
- Plaid FolkArt Acrylic Paints: Daffodil Yellow, Jamaican Sea, Citrus Green; Shiny Licorice Black
- Plaid Extreme Glitter Paint: Peridot
- Creative Paperclay Delight Air-Dry Clay: White
- String or cording
- Aleene's Original Tacky Glue
scissors, ruler, craft knife, black marker, toothpick, sponge scrap, newspaper (to cover work surface)
- Adults, help kids when using craft knife.
- Use craft knife to cut slit in bottom of milk jug. Use scissors to cut from slit to handle, cutting milk jug in half. Recycle handle portion.
- Position cut portion (mask) on kid's face. Use black marker to mark eye and mouth holes. Use scissors to cut out holes.
- Use hole punch to punch holes on either side of mask (for cording).
- On clean work surface, remove clay from package. To condition, roll clay in hands until soft, bending and rolling until pliable. If clay cracks, keep conditioning.
- For nose, roll 3" clay ball and form into triangle shape. Use toothpick to poke and form holes in bottom of nose (for nostrils). Glue nose on center of mask. Roll 13 tiny clay balls. Glue five balls above each eye and three below chin area. Let dry.
- On covered work surface, paint eye areas Daffodil Yellow. Use sponge scrap to sponge paint Citrus Green on nose, mouth, and forehead areas. Let dry. Sponge paint face, chin, and top of head Jamaican Sea. Let dry. Use paintbrush and Licorice to outline eyes. Let dry.
- Use sponge scrap to apply Peridot over all areas of mask. Let dry.
- Measure and cut string or cording length. Insert ends in holes on either side of mask; adjust length if needed. Knot ends on inside.