Mini Favor Cans
- Recycled cans, 3"
- Polyform: Sculpey III: White, French Blue, Yellow, Silver; Swirls Texture Maker
- DecoArt Americana Acrylic Paints: Blue Chiffon or Baby Blue
- Silver plastic-coated wire, 6" length
- Wooden tag, 1"
- Dark blue ribbon, 4" length
- Aleene's Original Tacky Glue
- Hole punch
- Clay-dedicated rolling pin or acrylic brayer
- Parchment-lined baking sheet
scissors, ruler, plastic knife, paintbrush, black marker, newspaper (to cover work surface)
- Adults, help kids when punching holes in can and baking clay in oven.
- On covered work surface, paint wooden tag Blue Chiffon or Baby Glue. Let dry. Use black marker to write "Happy Hanukkah" or "8 Nights" on tag.
- On clean work surface, remove clay from packages. To condition, roll clay separately in hands until soft, bending and rolling until pliable. If clay cracks, keep conditioning. Roll White or French Blue clay to 1/4"-thickness.
- Press Swirls texture maker into clay sheet. Wrap sheet around can; use plastic knife to cut off excess.
- Print out pattern. Use pattern to cut Star of David from White and Silver clay. Position silver triangles on white circle. Use pattern to cut eight candles from French Blue and eight flames from Yellow clay. Position flames on candle ends. Press clay designs onto side of cans.
- Use hole punch to punch holes on sides of can. Position cans on parchment-lined baking sheet. Follow manufacturer's instructions to bake cans in oven. Let cool completely.
- For handle, measure and cut 9" silver wire length. Insert wire ends through holes on can; twist ends on inside. Measure and cut 4" ribbon length. Insert ribbon end through hole on tag; tie tag onto handle.