Bridal Gown Centerpiece & Vintage Table Markers
- Dow STYROFOAM Brand Foam: 4"x9" cone, 2-1/2" egg, two 1/2" balls
- White dinner napkins of choice, four
- White tulle, 3 yds.
- Polyform Sculpey III Polymer Clay: White
- Silver chain bracelet with clasp, 8"
- Bead Landing 24mm antique silver round frame
- Jewelry findings: four long pearl head pins, 3 yds. pearl trim, 8mm flat-backed clear crystal, 6mm black pebble beads, 10mm jump rings
- White/silver ribbon, two 5" lengths
- Mad about Molds Polymer Clay Mold: Shabby Rose
- Chain-nose pliers
- Krylon Chalkboard Brush Paint
- DecoArt Americana: Acrylic Paints: Spice Pink, Lamp Black, Snow White; Dazzling Metallics Shimmering Silver
- Parchment-lined baking sheet
- Aleene's Liquid Fusion
butter knife, wooden skewer and toothpicks, paintbrush, scissors, cornstarch, hand saw and cutting surface, sanding block
- 1. To create bracelet, condition 1/4 block clay and press into Shabby Rose mold. Remove and use toothpick to create hole on end (for jump ring). Follow manufacturer's instructions to bake on parchment-lined baking sheet in oven. Let cool. Paint flower Spice Pink; let dry. Lightly brush flower Metallic Silver; let dry. Glue flat-backed crystal onto flower center.
- 2. Attach silver round frame and flower to bracelet chain with jump rings using chain-nose pliers.
- 3. To create centerpiece, use butter knife to cut top 1" from cone. Insert skewer into cone and remove. Spot glue end of skewer and re-insert into cone. Repeat to attach egg to top of cone. Attach 1/2" balls to front of egg to create dress form by placing toothpicks into balls and attaching to front of egg. Slightly flatten balls on end if needed.
- 4. Fold one napkin in half long-ways and wrap around bust of dress form. Secure with pearl head pins at back of dress form. Repeat for second napkin. Fold 1/3 of remaining napkins down and wrap around bottom of dress form to create bridal gown. Repeat for last napkin securing with pearl head pins at back of dress form.
- 5. Wrap tulle around waist of dress form; tie into bow on back. Wrap pearl trim around waist and secure at back. Attach bracelet around waist of bridal gown.
- 1. Use hand saw to cut basswood into 4-1/2" and 2-1/2" squares (for signs). Cut dowels into 8" lengths. Lightly sand cut edges. Apply two coats chalkboard paint onto signs, letting each coat dry before reapplying.
- 2. Roll clay into 1/8" thickness and cut 1/4"-wide strips (for sign borders). Press excess clay into Shabby Rose mold for flowers. Follow manufacturer's instructions to bake borders and flowers on parchment-lined baking sheet in oven. Let cool.
- 3. Paint flowers and sign borders Snow White or Spice Pink. Let dry. Lightly brush flowers Metallic Silver or Lamp Black for aged appearance. Paint dowels and doll pin stands Lamp Black. Let dry.
- 4. Glue frame borders on signs and roses onto sides of borders. Let dry. Glue dowels into doll pin stands and signs onto ends of dowels. Let dry. Glue flat-backed crystal onto center of each flower.