Dyed Silk Ties
- Jacquard White Silk Tie
- Jacquard: Dye-Na-Flow, in colors of choice; Lumiere Paint: True Gold; Silk Salt
- Spray bottle with water
- Metal washers or other objects
scissors, foam brushes, disposable bowl, newspaper or plastic table cloth (to cover work surface)
- Adults, help kids when using dyes and iron.
- Cover work surface with newspaper or plastic table cloth. Position tie on work surface. Use spray bottle to spray tie with water until wet.
- For Sun Technique (Orange/Circles), dip foam brush into dye and dab on tie. Position metal washers (or other object) on tie (to create white resist area). Position tie in sun. Let set.
- For Salt Technique (Light Blue/Purple), dip foam brush into dye and dab on tie. Sprinkle salt randomly over tie. Let set. Brush off salt.
- For Metallic Shapes (Blue/Gold), in plastic bowl, mix dye with True Gold paint. Use foam brush to dab paint on tie. Let set.
- To finish, position cloth or towel on top of tie. Use iron on silk setting to heat set ties for three minutes.