Bird's Nest Ring Bearer Pillow
- Grapevine wreath, 5"
- Polyform Sculpey UltraLight Clay
- White satin fabric, 1/3 yd.
- Crafter's Choice Polyester Filling
- Ribbon, 2 spools
- Natural moss, small amount
- Sewing machine and thread
- DecoArt: Americana Acrylic Paints: Buttermilk, Salem Blue, Sea Glass; Craft Twinkles Silver
- Loew-Cornell La Corneille paintbrushes: Golden Taklon: Debbie Mitchell Stipper 1/8", Jackie Shaw Liner Brush; Glaze/Wash 1"
- Parchment-lined baking sheet
- Hot glue gun and sticks
scissors, ruler or measuring tape, straight pins
- 1. All seam allowances are 1/2".
Eggs & Pillow
- 1. Cut three 1" cubes from clay. Roll into balls and roll one half gently on side to elongate end creating egg shape. Follow manufacturer's instructions to bake on parchment-lined baking sheet in oven. Let cool. Use glaze/wash to paint eggs Buttermilk. Let dry. Use stippler to speck eggs Sea Glass. Let dry. Use liner to paint vein lines across eggs Salem Blue. Let dry. Use glaze/wash to apply Silver over all areas of eggs. Let dry. Apply one coat varnish.
- 2. Cut two 11"x11" white satin fabric squares. Pin with right sides together. Starting on center of one side, sew around pillow leaving 3" opening on starting side. Clip corners and turn right side out. Stuff with polyester filling. Hand sew opening closed using whipstitch.
- 3. Cut two 20" ribbon lengths. Wrap one ribbon length around pillow and glue ends on center using glue gun. Repeat process from other length, wrapping pillow in opposite way. Glue ends at center.
- 4. Hot glue grapevine wreath on center top of pillow, covering ribbon ends. Use needle and thread to sew wreath in parts to pillow to secure. Stuff center of wreath with natural moss; spot glue using hot glue gun. Hot glue painted eggs on center, arranging in small cluster.
- 5. Cut two 30" ribbon lengths and tie into bows. Layer bows together and hot glue on base of nest.