Mini Artwork Easel Displays
- Wooden square dowels, lengths: three 6", one 4-1/2", one 2" round (paintbrush)
- Polyform: Sculpey III Clay: French Blue, Lime, Purple; Swirls Pattern Texture Maker
- DecoArt Americana Acrylic Paints: Olive Green, Primary Red, Ocean Blue, Lamp Black
- White cardstock, 2" square
- Beadalon jewelry findings: 8.0mm Silver Jump Rings, 3.4 Elongated Cable Chain
- DMC 6-strand Embroidery Floss: Black, color of choice
- Colored pencils, crayons, or markers
- Aleene's Original Tacky Glue
- Clay-dedicated rolling pin or acrylic brayer
- Parchment-lined baking sheet
scissors, ruler, paintbrush, newspaper (to cover work surface)
- Adults, help kids when inserting eye screws into dowels and baking clay.
- For each easel, measure and cut square dowels into required lengths. On covered work surface, paint square dowels Olive Green, Primary Red, or Ocean Blue. Paint round dowel Lamp Black. Let dry.
- Using photo as guide, insert eye screws on one end into three 6"-long dowels, join dowels for top of easel. Insert eye screws into center of two outside dowels, attaching 4-1/2" long dowel across center (for ledge to hold artwork). Position dowels so easel stands.
- Insert eye screw into center back of ledge and center of back leg on easel. Measure and cut 4" chain length. Attach chain ends onto ledge eye screw and back leg eye screw, joining easel legs together. Spot glue legs.
- For mini paintbrush, bundle small amount embroidery floss; knot strand around bundle. Glue bundle on round dowel length. Trim ends even. Glue paintbrush on easel ledge.
- On clean work surface, remove clay from packages. To condition, roll clay separately in hands until soft, bending and rolling until pliable. If clay cracks, keep conditioning.
- For artwork frame, roll clay (in color of choice) to 1/8"-thickness. Press textured sheet on clay. Measure and use plastic knife to cut out 2-1/2" square from clay. Cut out 1-1/2" square on center of clay square. Position artwork frame on parchment-lined baking sheet. Follow manufacturer's instructions to bake clay in oven. Let cool completely.
- Measure and cut 2" white cardstock square. Use colored pencils or markers to draw artwork on square. Glue artwork on inside of clay frame. Position artwork frame on easel ledge.