Tuscan Copper Pendant
- Polyform Premo! Accents Clay: Bronze, 1 pkg.; small amounts: Gold, Antique Gold, Copper
- Bestflexiblemolds.com round cabochon mold
- Polyform Sculpey: Super Slicer, Clay Conditioning Machine, Lacquer
- Gold pigment powder
- Square stamp with round central motif
- Parchment-lined baking sheet and oven
spray bottle with water, paper towel
- To create blend of colors, begin with small piece of Bronze clay and roll on #1 setting through Clay Conditioning Machine. Cut Bronze clay to 1/4”x2”. Stack Bronze clay on top of same-size piece of Gold clay. Continue adding colors, overlapping each piece slightly, until all colors are used.
- Gently press pieces together and then place stacked clays vertically in Clay Conditioning Machine; roll on #1 setting keeping stacked clay straight. Fold bottom end up to top; position fold in Clay Conditioning Machine and roll through again. Repeat process until edges of colors have blended.
- Roll blended clay vertically through Clay Conditioning Machine on #4 setting, creating longer, thinner sheet of clay. Set aside.
- Wipe cabochon mold with damp paper towel. Roll 1/2” ball of Gold clay and press in mold. Remove excess clay from top and along edges; remove clay from mold.
- Wipe mold with paper towel again and position blended clay across molded cabochon of clay. Place mold face down and press firmly. Remove large pieces of excess clay but leave 1/4” of clay around edges. Fold excess clay to back of cabochon; use Super Slicer to slice along top edge of mold. Remove clay.
- Follow manufacturer’s instructions to bake cabochon on parchment-lined baking sheet in oven. Let cool.
- Roll Bronze clay on #1 setting through Clay Conditioning Machine. Lightly spray square stamp with water; press stamp on clay sheet. Remove stamp. Trace around baked cabochon with craft knife on stamped clay sheet.
- Roll remaining Bronze clay on #3 setting through Clay Conditioning Machine. Position rolled clay underneath stamped clay sheet; trim around edges.
- Rub gold pigment powder along top of stamped pattern.
- Use needle tool or toothpick to make hole in top of completed pendant. Follow manufacturer’s instructions to bake pendant on parchment-lined baking sheet in oven.
- Attach cabochon pendant on silk ribbon, leather cording, or beading wire as desired.